Saturday 24 August 2013

10 Things Every Man Wishes His Girlfriend Knew



Stop right there and read this article! It may save your relationship. Probably not, but at least it will make you smile, and perhaps get to know men a little better.
I'm currently in a happy relationship. Here's what I wish my girlfriend knew (if she doesn't already.)
10. TALKING IS SACRED
One of the biggest complaints that women have against men is that they don't listen. Not true! We listen, that's how we ended up dating you.
The secret of this is to get your man's attention when you talk to him. Here's a tip for this: nudge him on the arm, or speak closely to his ear.
9. DON'T ASK ABOUT PREVIOUS GIRLFRIENDS
This will just lead down a road to calamity. We've all had bad relationships in the past. Laying them out on the table for examination is a recipe for...well, you might get jealous.
8. DON'T TALK TOO MUCH ABOUT PREVIOUS BOYFRIENDS
I don't mind hearing about other men a LITTLE BIT. It makes me think that I am with a healthy, open-minded, socially-adept female. TIP: Don't call them by name. Refer to them as "that one guy". If a girl talks about her old boyfriends too much, I may get the idea that she's comparing them to me. That's a no-no.
7. MEN NEED A CHALLENGE
Sometimes, we menfolk need a challenge to feel like we're able to overcome and succeed. It may be a sign of insecurity, but it's nice to feel a sense of validation. TIP: Ask for something that would be difficult to obtain; for instance, ask your man to pick-up pizza in the middle of a rain-storm. We like to feel heroic.
6. MEN HAVE A HARD TIME EXPRESSING EMOTION
Seriously. The only times I get to cry are at football games, and action-movies, and this is usually only permitted at football games. This may be a social-construct, but it plays an important role in mens' lives. We are expected to be the protector, the hunter, and the warrior; this extends deeply within our personalities. TIP: Watch a manly-movie with your guy. I suggest Rudy, Hoosiers, or Fight Club.
5. MEN WANT CONFIDENT WOMEN
A must have. If someday my girlfriend and I have children, I do not want a girl who will flake out on our babies. I want a tough and smart girl, who knows what she is doing.
4. MEN WANT INDEPENDENCE
I've heard of couples who stay together at all times. That isn't for me. In order to be in a long-term relationship, I need a girl who can let me be me. Likewise, I will treat her with as much respect as I can, if reciprocated.
3. MEN LIKE TO FEEL SMART
This plays into our egos. We like to feel like the dominant, assertive male. Although, nobody likes being patronized. For men with ego issues, this may be particularly painful.
2. MEN ARE TURNED ON BY DIFFERENT THINGS
You've probably heard is a million times, men are visual, women are emotional. Shapes turn us on. Smells. It's true. But, there's always an underlying aspect to it. TIP: Ask ten men which actress they think is the hottest: Christina Ricci or Scarlet Johannsen. The statistics should be overwhelmingly divided. Some guys will like Scarlet, some guys will like Christina.
1. MEN ARE UNIQUE
We are different people, and not every man has the same feelings about these issues. The most important thing to know is: LEARN HOW WE FEEL. We're not cavement, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment